Friday, November 28, 2008

Top 10 Reasons to Start a Home Based Business

Even with the economy as it is or especially with the current economic situation; an online business allows you develop an income without the headaches and financial expenditure of an offline business. Yes, there are challenges but learning the basic principles on a small scale and building at your own pace will cement your position in the future as the economy recovers.


Here are the top ten reasons to start a home based business online.

1. Statistics say that work-at-home professionals earn more money and enjoy more free time than the general workforce.

2. You get to be your own boss. No one telling you what to do other than you.

3. More free time. Obviously you will spend a lot of time on your business, but it is you who determines your schedule.

4. More time with family. This reason should actually be number one.

5. Tax benefits. I'm not even an accountant, and I could write pages on the benefits extended to a small business. Don't go this alone, seek advice for available benefits.

6. Save money on work expenses usually taken for granted : gas, clothing, dinners, etc.

7. Hands down cheaper than a bricks and morter start-up. No office rent space, little if no inventory, insurance, employee payroles, legal fees, etc., etc., etc.

8. If you fail you can keep trying. Failure is not liable to bankrupt you and you can learn and make adjustments as you progress.

9. Possibility for extreme wealth. Fortunes are being made every day so why not you.

10. Sense of satisfaction and independence. No price can be put on this one.

4 comments:

Aldhis said...

I want it! I want it!
Let's start a home based business! :)
Thank you for these reasons.

Spiritual Blogger said...

Ahh, this post was like music to my ears - or would I say eyes?? I love working for myself, if you really want it, I say go for it!

Anonymous said...

Nice List. Makes a lot of sense.

Anonymous said...

I work at home--although not with a 'home based business.' I work from home, teaching college classes. Lately, I also started doing some consulting. It's wonderful to not have to deal with traffic jams anymore!

Melinda